Skip to Content
eOffer/eMod is a tool to submit Contract Offers and Contract Modification requests to GSA Federal Acquisition Service online.


The ACES program is going away. However, anyone with the ACES certs will be able to use those certificates until they expire. Once they expire you will be required to get a new certificate. The following information provides an update on the types of digital certificates available for use with the eOffer/eMod application.

You are required to have a digital certificate for access into the eOffer/eMod applications and to sign the final contract or modification documents electronically. GSA requires a Business Representative Certificate because this certificate ties the individual with the certificate to the company he/she works for.

GSA realizes that it has a lot of vendors who also do business with DOD and who are required to have a DOD ECA certificate as well. To minimize the cost of doing business for our vendors, eOffer/eMod does accept DOD ECA certificates as valid means of authentication. Users can reduce costs by maintaining one certificate that can be used with both organizations.

What is a digital certificate?

A digital certificate is an electronic credentials that:

  • Asserts the identity of an individual.
  • Enables eOffer/eMod to verify the identity of the individual entering the system and signing documents.
  • Encrypts or decrypts data to ensure that it is securely transmitted.
  • Is a packet of information that is stored on a web browser or on a token.
  • Creates digital signatures which are verifiable.

How to get a digital certificate

➜ It will take between 7 and 14 days for a digital certificate to be issued after you have notarized you paperwork and submitted it to the company.

➜ Digital certificates must be updated every one (1) two (2) to three (3) years.

➜ It is imperative that affected contractors keep their digital certificates current. An expired digital certificate will delay the ability to submit an electronic Offer or Modification.

Types of certificates accepted for access and signature within the eOffer/eMod applications

  • Non Federal Issuer (NFI) certificates
  • DOD ECA certificate

How to get a digital certificate if you are a foreign company

If you are a Foreign Company trying to do business with the General Services Administration using eOffer/eMod and need a digital certificate, follow the instructions below:

The process for getting a Foreign cert will be updated on or after July 1, 2018.

The foreign certificate process will be with Identrust as a NFI certificate. You will find additional information on IdenTrust Opens in a new window (non-Government) site on or after July 1, 2018.