About Digital Certificates
You are required to have a digital certificate for access into the eOffer/eMod applications and to sign the final documents electronically.
What is a digital certificate?
A digital certificate is an electronic credentials that:
- Asserts the identity of an individual
- Enables eOffer/eMod to verify the identity of the individual entering the system and signing documents.
- Encrypt or decrypt data to ensure that it is securely transmitted.
- A packet of information that is stored on a web browser or on a token.
- Create digital signatures which are verifiable.
How to get a digital certificate?
- It will take between 7 and 14 days for a digital certificate to be issued after you have notarized you paperwork and submitted it to the company.
- Digital certificates must be updated every two (2) years.
- It is imperative that affected contractors keep their digital certificates current. An expired digital certificate will delay the ability to submit an electronic offer or modification
How to get a Digital Cert if you are a foreign company?
If you are a Foreign Company trying to do business with the General Services Administration using eOffer/eMod and need a digital certificate, follow the instructions below:
Complete the application on the http://aces.orc.com/ site for a "Aces Business Representative Certificate". Complete the Aces Business Representative application. The form does not currently accept foreign addresses, so in the field for the address put Virginia, 22030, United States. In the text box below put the actual foreign address. Submit the form and print the documents to be notarized. Then have the form notarized through one of the following methods:
- Go to a US Embassy and have the documents notarized.
- If they are in the US they can go to any notary, or they can to go the ORC office and have the documents reviewed.
If they have questions and need to speak to someone at ORC, they can use the number below or email them.
The ORC ACES Customer Service Team
They need to tell the person they are speaking with that they need a ACES Business Representative Certificate and that they are a foreign company.